A Silent Musician

A Free Form Column that rarely has a point or a purpose other than to amuse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jorgenson in Flames

Today in Microbiology lab it was a crappy as ever. Dr. Wong was like "yeah, you be done my 4 o'clock" and about 4 o'clock the fire alarm goes off. All of us are like "you've got to be kidding me". Wong sent Melissa out to ckeck if it really was an alarm going off or a joke. Melissa came back and said everyone was evacuating. Once everyone was out of the building, everyone including Chemistry, Physics, and any other lab that happened to be there. As we wait you could hear the fire siren and sure enough you could see the truck coming down 48th street. After a while a couple firefighters were out in front with a roll of yellow caution tape. The Micro students were like 'oh crap.' And sure enough they taped off the front door and would not allow us back in the building. Dr. Wong told us that we could either wait til they reopened or come back tomorrow and then look at the stuff on Friday. I forgot to tell you the best part of it all. While we were waiting we heard another siren and then guess what else pulled onto Union's campus, Good ole' HazMat truck. It is never good when you see a HazMat truck pull up to a science building. Turns out there was a fire in one of the stock rooms down on the Chemistry floor. Thankfully everything was put out and even though later when they went to clean it up the flames were like two feet high. Thankfully they didn't call the HazMat again. I finished what I could on lab when they reopened the building. All is well and safe now but it was kind of crazy. It is too bad I didn't have my Fire Fighter 1 and HazMat done and I could have gone in with them. I'll have that fun stuff soon enough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, I'm glad all is well on Union campus. Can't remember anything that exciting when I went there. Keep safe.

10/26/2005 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home