A Silent Musician

A Free Form Column that rarely has a point or a purpose other than to amuse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I Feel Special

Today I was made to feel really really special. Almost a month ago Trent Russell asked me to do song service the following week. I declined cause it was a hellish week so I said the next week. Well that was ASB convocation so he was like "how bout the next week?" Sure why not. So I have been procrastinating finding people but finally Heidi agrees to sing with me. Nice and simple do three hymns you know casual chapel. So today I told Dr. Wong I would be doing song service so I left MicroBio a little early and headed over to the church. Only to be greeted by Trent who tells me that he forgot that he asked me to do song service and asked some one else to supply it. I wanted to swear at him. I was looking forward to playing and I'm shot down by "Oh I forgot I asked you." You know what that says to me? It says "you're not important in my mind. I only asked you cause I needed someone and I saw you. I didn't think ahead and be like 'hey I should ask Jeremy'." Thats what it says to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, I think you may be a little over sensitive about this. Speaking from someone who has a very short memory and can't function without sticky notes I can see how something like that could happen, especially since it had been two weeks prior. Learn to tolerate others imperfections and others will forgive you alot easier when you make mistakes. Take it from someone who knows. Love you lots and believe me you are very special! Mom

9/28/2005 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home