A Silent Musician

A Free Form Column that rarely has a point or a purpose other than to amuse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Thursday, January 12, 2006

To Infinity and behind

I have not posted for quite some time because I have been crazy busy with the play this week and try to keep my head above water with classes. Yes I know it is only the first week thing of classes but I am trying. Anywho on Saturday the 7th of January history was made. I, Jeremy J Barber launched my first ever model rocket. It only took near a decade to complete. Yes. I am just over two decades old and almost one decade ago I made this model rocket. It has sat on the top shelf in my closet for many years, so many infact the the plastic hinges on the fins, that allowed it to come back to earth without a parachute, were broken from age. So after some modifications I launched my rocket out at the model airplane runway. The first engine made a sad attempt to reach orbit or even reach above my reach and beyond a two second sprint. So with a more powerful engine I launched this puppy into space, well as much as one can with a model. This time it flew for about an 1/8 of a mile. It did not arch as much as I would have thought but leveled off at about 20 feet. The following pictures so this great magnificent achievement 10 years in the makeing!!!!








































































































1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy! Congratulations!!! I think me and mom are the only ones who really recognize what a great achievement this is. I'm very proud and excited. You will have to tell me more about it when i see you next.

1/16/2006 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home