A Silent Musician

A Free Form Column that rarely has a point or a purpose other than to amuse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Raining wealth

As I was walking back from the cafe tonight little sparkling diamonds were falling through the sky. They were scattered all over the ground and were magnificently refracting the glow from the street light. All around me the world was alive with light and beauty falling down like a rainstorm of diamonds.
The variety of snow amazes me. There are times when the flakes are as big as quarters or silver dollars. Fluffy and slowly collecting on the groud and my coat and other times it is like a thousand million little needles are stabbing my face and hands as I walk through the blinding tornado of snow. Again other times I watch out of my 7th floor window and I see snow flakes coming UP into my view. Or I see them passing from right to left infront of my window when across the street they are passing from left to right. Such little things leave me in awe and wonder. Like so many things snow can be beautiful and horrible all in the same moment. A mountain can go from peaceful to roaring and destructive when the conditions are perfectly wrong and an avalance rips down the mountain. I guess that is where the Chinese came up with Ying and Yang. A balance of good and evil, power and gentleness, birth and destruction. A balance that is so delicate, a single snowflake can disrupt the balance.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been very poetic in your entries lately.

12/07/2005 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write beautifully! You are so right about the wonders of a snowflake!

12/08/2005 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool observation, jer. I know what you mean about the snow falling upwards and sideways. I see that alot from my 5th floor view at work.

snow, snow, snow...

12/08/2005 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home