A Silent Musician

A Free Form Column that rarely has a point or a purpose other than to amuse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Monday, December 05, 2005

Wow moments

While working Security last night, I had one of those WOW moments. I was talking with Jennifer and she asked me what my High/Low was of the day. So I thought for a moment and told her my low point of the day. And while I was telling her my low, my high hit my like a flash of light. I had been in the cart all night and cruzing around. Well when Jenn asked me my High/Low, I looked up and saw no clouds in the sky. You may be thinking, "So... whats the big deal about no clouds?" Let me tell you the big deal of no clouds. It was about 2:45 am and the stars were out in their brilliance. Especially my favorite one, Orion. I wanted to be home where city street light even stop lights don't block out the stars that shine so bright. I don't know, maybe I'm a sappy kindof guy... No I know I am a sappy kind of guy, I inherited that from my Grandma and Mother. Just like I inheritted falling asleep at athe drop of a hat from my Mother and Grandfather. But sappyness aside, I love WOW moments like that. They are especially beautiful when it involves two of my favorite things, wintery snow goodness, and Jennifer. Granted she only participated via cellphone but she helped make the moment cause I might not have looked up or been out of the cart if she didn't ask my High/Low. It would have been even better if she had been walking around with me. I'm not sure why we would be walking around outside in single digit weather at 3amish but that doesn't matter. In less than two weeks, (10 day to be exact) I get to be back home in good ole North Dakota where the weather outside will probably be frightful but the warmth of friends and family and good cup of warmth off the stove will make it delightful. And if I am at Jennifer's the fire will also be delightful in their "new" house with a wonderful fireplace in the "conversation room". And since we got places to go and people to see... LET IT SNOW. LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!!
HH



*Happy Holidays see above

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about those "Wow" moments. They are truly wonderful. I love winter when I can see Orion every night, it always makes me feel closer to heaven.

12/06/2005 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home