A Silent Musician

A Free Form Column that rarely has a point or a purpose other than to amuse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Friday, November 16, 2007

The Secrets of Panera Bread

One of our lovely wedding presents (from Cassi, thanks Cassi!) was/is The Panera Bread Cookbook. It has all the secret recipes for the yummy soups, breads, salads, and desserts from your friendly neighborhood Panera Bread. Last night Krissy and I sat down and flipped through the pages. One dessert caught my eye, Pear Brown Betty. It mainly caught my eye because we had pears that were ripening faster than we could eat them. So tonight Krissy and I made what turns out to basically be pear crisp. We made it in an 8x8 Pyrex dish instead of a 9in deep-dish pie pan but it looks like it will taste good. I'll update on how it tastes with Cool Whip or maybe Peppermint Ice cream. Til then enjoy our masterpiece.

Ps.
We are working on getting thank-yous out. Really we are.

1 Comments:

Blogger shelli said...

oh my word, that looks so good.

11/19/2007 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home