A Silent Musician

A Free Form Column that rarely has a point or a purpose other than to amuse

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mountain Biking (Lincoln Style)

For the past couple weekends, I have found myself over at Joe's house for Sabbath lunch which turns into Sunday's one meal Blupper. This weekend we decided to do some mountain biking that ended up being just riding the trail to The Sunken Gardens. Before we could go, I had to run home and get a bike. I was originally going to use my brothers but forgot that one of the pedal was broken. My nonbrother Ben let me use his much to my happiness, for a little while at least. While we were waiting for everyone to get ready, Joe and I were curb hopping and what not. Well... I went off one curb- blew a tire- and wiped out on my left side. I have a nice little inch by 2 inch scab on my shoulder, a hidden bruise on my hip and a scrape on my ankle. Thankfully I was wearing my helmet so my head is okay. Another thankful is my brother's bike tire works on Ben's bike so we didn't lose too much time on our ride. Actually it worked out almost perfectly because Josh was finally ready by the time tires were swapped. Now I just need to get a new tube for Ben's bike cause there is a couple holes in the one that blew out. I bought a patch kit and have to find it again. Even if I'm not patching Ben's. It has the fun little tire wedge/prying/hook thingys. Anywho all three are a little sore but not too bad considering. Next I need to actually do some mountain biking off the path. And if we are just riding on the trail I am bringing my roadie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are ok. Just don't try and be so daring if you go real mountain biking :) And what's a roadie?

7/30/2006 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home